Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for assisting the Medicare & Private Insurance Specialist in completing daily activities. This involves using the billing system (Point Click Care), and all Microsoft Office products and communicating with insurance carriers. The position requires an understanding of the insurance industry, as well as excellent computer, written, and verbal communication abilities.
Common Core Roles
- Exhibits attitudes and behaviors that show a commitment to meeting and exceeding customer expectations at all times. Utilize the mission, vision, and values to determine priorities.
- Provide exceptional customer service to residents, families, and co-workers on a daily basis.
- Leads and/or participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Maintains a positive attitude and open mind when confronted with change, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
- Accurately and timely assist with bills and collections from Medicare and all insurance payer sources.
- Help to maintain and record daily census – admissions and discharges, payer changes, and room changes-ensures proper documentation is made in the billing computer system.
- Verifies insurance and payer information on new admissions and current residents.
- Perform general office duties, such as filing, and answering the phone.
- Provide customer service to office guests and phone calls.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting and billing software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Complete any and all other duties as deemed necessary by the needs of the business.
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience in communicating with insurance carriers
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, Point Click Care or comparable billing software
- Technical training or equivalent office experience preferred