This role will be responsible for assessing business expenses and preparing optimized budget plans for Verdesian Life Sciences. The duties include reviewing financial records, researching the market rate for key business costs, and adjusting the company ledger to accurately reflect balance sheets. Collaborate with operations and financial staff in the company to provide financial and accounting support to executives and department heads who establish goals and budgets for the organization.
- Collecting and analyzing data about our company’s operational costs
- Setting standard/Monitoring costs of manufactured goods
- Developing and analyzing cost standards
- Carrying out cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labor, shipping, etc.
- Performing account reconciliations
- Preparing audit reports and presenting their findings to management
- Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit
- Advising executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data
- Managing the company’s balance sheet and accounting books
- Managing Fixed Assets
- Supporting other company accountants with invoicing and capital expenditure
- In-depth understanding of the database and advanced ability to use their functionality
- Good proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Prior work involving cost or accounting functions in business office strongly preferred.
- Prior work experience using a computerized accounting system.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of sometimes stressful situations.
- Computer hardware and software, including: MicroSoft Office (Windows, Excel, Word); cost tracking software, internet use and innovation. Ability to learn other software, if required, with company-provided training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum work experience of 3 years in cost accounting
- CMA/CPA preferred