Position: Support Specialist
Part time: 25 hours/week
Salary: Negotiable hourly wage, no paid benefits
Job Description: United Way of Southeast Missouri (UWSEMO) seeks a Support Specialist to provide critical assistance in many areas that include but are not limited to: event planning, volunteer recruitment and support, donor communications, basic accounting transactions, and data entry.
The candidate who will excel in this position will be extremely organized, adept at organizing people and events, detail oriented, well-spoken with good writing skills, and understand basic accounts payable and receivable practices.
• Greet all visitors and callers to UWSEMO
• Assist Executive Director, Operations Officer, and Director of Donor Development with multiple, varying tasks that support the entire network of United Way Funded Partners.
• Maintain accurate information and pricing on community venues and fundraising opportunities
• Obtain, schedule and manage all details of community fundraisers, prizes and donations
• Enter donations and accounts payable/receivable in Salesforce software
• Prepare mail merges and manage mailings for donors and partners
• Maintain current mail distribution lists in multiple software programs
• Maintain required historical records (print and digital) and assist with filing
• Other related contributions as requested
Qualifications and Performance Skills Desired:
• Proven project management and exceptional organizational experience
• A self-starter, able to work independently and make decisions when needed
• Superb written and oral communication skills
• Mastery of Microsoft Office
• College degree or 5+ years working in a corporate or nonprofit office
The hourly wage for this position is negotiable dependent on experience. There are no paid benefits, although we offer some flexibility, a caring, supportive team, and the reward of contributing unique talents that make our community stronger. United Way of Southeast Missouri welcomes diversity in our workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all. Discrimination and harassment of any type are prohibited.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Use SUPPORT SPECIALIST for subject.