Director of Connections and Discipleship
Job Title: Director of Connections and Discipleship
Reports To: Senior Pastor
FLSA Status: Full-Time, exempt
The Director of Connections and Discipleship will be passionate about helping people who attend Centenary Church have a deep sense of belonging and grow in their relationship with Christ. This person will develop the systems, processes, and teams that connect our first-time guests to Jesus Christ and into the life of the church, and existing members into deeper discipleship and expressions of community. This will include the development and oversite of small groups, generative discipleship ministries, engagement pathway, online participant connection, as well as providing pastoral leadership in various settings.
• Mature and growing Christ-follower
• Visionary and innovative
• Invests in people over programs
• Develops and implements effective systems and structures in a changing cultural landscape
• Proven effective oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates a heart for those who do not yet know Christ
• Self-motivated and motivator of others
• Has a teachable spirit. Humble, patient, emotionally intelligent
• Experience or education in similar setting. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement a clear, compelling process for connecting people to Jesus Christ and the life of the church, both online and in person. o Cultivate an effective engagement pathway which integrates newcomers into the life of the church (i.e., First Impressions team, Meet the Pastor, discipleship classes, etc.)
o Guide individuals to areas of service within the church according to their giftedness, passion, and personal style.
• Develop discipleship ministries and classes
o Oversee existing and develop new small groups, bible studies, classes, and other discipleship ministries
o Provide a clear pathway for new believers to grow in spiritual maturity (baptism, Alpha, Emotionally Healthy Discipleship, etc.)
• Spiritual Leadership
o Share the pastoral care ministries of the church.
o Participate regularly in the worship services and have high visibility on Sunday morning.
o Participate and share responsibility in regular staff meetings and team planning meetings.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Interested applicants can send cover letter and resume to Sr. Pastor Jennifer Long at email@example.com