SOTO Property Solutions was formed to help individuals create and manage wealth through real estate. Our investments division helps property owners diversify, build and manage their portfolios to increase returns while decreasing risk. Our property management division makes it easy, convenient and simple to own property while helping tenants find the perfect place to live.
Since its inception, SOTO Property Solutions has made a lot of progress in establishing proven systems for servicing our clients, utilizing new, cutting edge technologies to improve the process, and expanding the services we provide.
Our development of SOTO IN-HOUSE MAINTENANCE was driven by owner and tenant feedback. As a property owner, you are in competition to obtain and retain tenants. The need to turnaround vacancies quickly, and service the new and existing tenants with fast, quality service is more important than ever. SOTO property maintenance will provide the cost-effective solution: an experienced, knowledgeable maintenance team to handle the big and small jobs that will provide you the peace of mind of receiving timely, expert handiwork. This value-added service is a huge benefit to our investors. Our maintenance team are experts on what it takes to get a property rent ready, law abiding, and appealing. They know all kinds of tricks of the trade to spare your property from being unnecessarily damaged and make it more appealing to prospective tenants, like professionally installing blinds on all windows. By giving us more control and oversight, we’re able to lower cost and provide better quality.
What you will be doing:
The Maintenance Technician I will assist in the performance of maintenance and repair to a variety of properties. This position is an entry-level position that focuses on gaining knowledge and experience within the organization and industry. The individual must be detail oriented, possess customer service skills, complete tasks in a timely manner, and communicate regularly. The individual will benefit from prior experience in appliance repair, light carpentry, flooring, plumbing and electrical. Occasional nights, weekend and holidays may apply.
- Perform minor and routine maintenance and repair to grounds and properties, with guidance.
- Conduct work in an efficient manner.
- Assist in the inspection and maintenance of occupied/vacant properties keeping them in good condition and resident/owner satisfaction.
- Take steps to maintain security of the property.
- Conducts tasks that support the day-to-day maintenance and repair of the buildings and grounds.
- Visually inspects buildings and grounds and reports anything in need of repair or replacement as well as unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents to Management.
- Responds to employee and resident requests in a courteous and timely manner.
- Perform and report on all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA and health codes.
- Perform good public relations with residents, co-workers, owners and agents. Maintain a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents.
- Travel (driving) to/from various properties/businesses required.
- High School Diploma or GED or one-year similar experience.
- General maintenance experience, preferred. Tasks such as painting, tile installation, door and lock installation, grounds keeping, light carpentry are beneficial.
- Experience with hand tools, lawn & garden equipment, saws, ladders, nail guns, etc. preferred.
- Ability to manage workload and prioritize time sensitive issues as they arise.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize organization-specific software.
- Experience related to:
- Grounds maintenance
- Hand tools
- Tile and carpet installation.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis and lift or carry up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to see, hear, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, bend, stoop, squat, lift, carry, push, pull, climb stairs, drive, etc.
- Ability to safely climb a ladder or scaffolding to heights while carrying tools and supplies, balance and work above the shoulders.
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces, respond to dangerous situations, etc.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions; cold, wind, heat, rain, etc.
- Exposure to chemicals in over the counter cleaning supplies, paint and paint products, lawn/garden fertilizers and weed killers.
- Travel (driving) to job sites and properties.
- Full-Time, M-F
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance available
- Life, Disability and Retirement benefits available
- On-the-job training