Position Summary: To develop and evaluate new processes and improve current process capability, efficiency, and overall productivity in all areas of manufacturing.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
- Refines and enhances processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production. Recommends product changes/improvements to Product Engineers.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements. Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Develops tooling and fixtures for new products and processes and works with tooling vendors to supply such designs.
- Identifies and implements solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions.
- Prepares documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. Prepares reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
- Good math skills and familiarity with personal computers and manufacturing software
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel required
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering or Technology field and 3-5 years of related experience required
- Prefer Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, experience
- At least five years of experience preferred