DQ Chill Crew Member
Starting at $11
Part-Time & Full-Time
Are you motivated and willing to help us delight our fans with the refreshing atmosphere, delectable food, and chocolate-dipped happiness you’ve come to know and love? Our brand represents comfort, joy and timeless tradition and we are inviting you to be a part of it. Join our chill team, it’s a piece of (ice cream) cake!
The secret to the Dairy Queen® brand’s success has always been simple. Our recipe combines hardworking individuals and great-tasting food that’s served in a welcoming environment. What began as the 10-cent sale of an unknown frozen treat in 1938 quickly boomed into one of the most well-known soft serve/frozen treat companies of all time. Today, there are more than 6,800 restaurants in the United States, Canada, and 27 other countries. Come be a part of our sweet success!
What you will be doing:
The Chill Crew will assemble, and present completed treat orders, stocking, cleaning and maintaining all customer areas in a clean, safe, pleasant manner and to all restaurant safety and health code standards.
- Communicate clearly, quickly, and politely with co-workers to ensure correct order is served to the customers.
- Prepare treat products following restaurant, health and safety standards and procedures quickly and accurately.
- Be present and alert to customer needs.
- Properly and safely operate and maintain restaurant equipment including related chill equipment while following all health and safety standards.
- Work as a “team” member to assure constant and consistent quality, service, cleanliness and value to each customer.
- Clean work area, organize and stock needed items. Move various treat, paper and cleaning items from other sections of building (or outside building) to immediate work area.
- Stock and execute proper rotation of products.
- Complete assigned prep work for stocking and set up of chill area.
- Controls food production process.
- Break down and clean chill area thoroughly at the end of every day as assigned by a manager or shift leader.
- Wash counters, tables, restrooms, trash receptacles, gather trash and remove from dining/service areas to proper receptacle, sweep, mop, stock and other cleaning tasks. Occasional need to be out of building (i.e., parking lot, freezer, trash container areas, etc.) for parking lot pick-up, trash removal and other maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Inform immediate supervisor promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff or shift leaders.
- Operate chill area in accordance with established PRIDE standards, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for quick, accurate and safe treat production process.
- Assist in the success of the restaurant by ensuring guest satisfaction through adhering to company standards for quality, value, service and cleanliness.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant employees to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate.
- Communicate all significant issues, both positive and negative, with management staff.
- Positive, customer-focused attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Performs well in high pressure situations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read order monitors, recall and communicate products and contents.
- Must practice established food handling procedures and meet any local health regulations.
- Must be 16 years or older
- Must be able to move up to 50 pounds up to 10 times per six-hour shift.
- Must be able to travel as much as three times for each customer up to as many as 40 customers per hour of shift.
- Must be able to work in and out of different temperature ranges.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to move and respond quickly for extended periods of time.
- Part-Time and Full-Time positions available
- Flexible Schedule
- Opportunity for advancement
- Generous employee discount
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance available
- Life, Disability and Retirement benefits available