Associate Software Engineer
We are in need of an Associate Software Engineer to join our creative and diverse team! This position will be responsible for participating in and understanding the entire software development life cycle. General administrative duties related to in-house software solutions will also be required. The ideal candidate will be able to take the initiative to identify improvements in the existing processes, suggest technological solutions, and implement those solutions. The position will receive standardized training to ensure their knowledge of our processes, technologies, and programming languages are sufficient.
- BS degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field of study (preferred)
- Comparable professional experience also accepted
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and version control concepts
- Knowledge of at least one modern language (Python, Java, C#, etc)
- Understanding of SQL and relational database modeling concepts
- Understanding of the Software Development cycle
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Excellent communication skills
- Work in a team to analyze, implement, and test software solutions
- Create documentation, flowcharts, and diagrams for presentation
- Perform code reviews, eliminate bugs, and test solutions
- Active contribution to existing and future software solutions
- Administration and maintenance of existing and future software solutions
- Develop an understanding of the existing codebase and related production processes
- Actively interacting with team members from a variety of technical backgrounds.
This is a non-exempt position with standard office hours of Monday thru Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the US (no sponsorship is provided). Excellent benefits include medical, dental, prescription health insurance, 401k, vacation, holidays, life insurance and disability.