BioKyowa is a leading biochemical manufacturer with strong global ties located in Southeast Missouri. We produce premium grade amino acids that are used in the food and pharmaceutical industry as an API Intermediate and ingredient. Processes are strongly regulated under strict quality and safety guidelines.
Responsible for shift operation of production personnel including extraction, fermentation, utilities, and wastewater operation. Responsible for the training, development, and performance of shift employees while maintaining employee safety and product quality, and communicating clear goals, standards, and accountability to their operators.
This salaried position will train on days initially before moving to rotating shifts. Shifts will work two (2) weeks of days then rotate to two (2) weeks of nights, rotating 36-hour and 48-hour weeks with overtime based on business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring that their shift operates safely and efficiently to produce a high-quality product while following SOP’s and company guidelines for safety and quality.
- Communicates company expectations and supports management directives in a professional and positive manner.
- Maintain a positive work environment in which operators can develop and present ideas for improvement with an honest, open line of communication between them and management.
- Coordinate production activities with other shifts and departments to ensure complete transfer of process operating status, corrective measures taken, exceptions noted, maintenance support required and in progress.
- Monitor operations, recommend operating methods and procedures to ensure stable operations, eliminate operating problems, and improve product quality.
- Strong communication with Production Leadership and Technical Department regarding equipment or process issues, pilot testing, production improvements.
- Manages the enforcement of company policies, guidelines, safety and quality requirements.
- Post-secondary degree in manufacturing, technical or science field strongly preferred, or significant supervisory experience in any of these related fields.
- Must have strong organizational and computer skills with demonstrated ability to deal with complex issues in a fast-paced setting.
- Broad knowledge of production planning processes and machine operations.
- Excellent demonstrated coaching, professional communication and interpersonal skills; positive and upbeat demeanor; demonstrated strategic planning skills, technical reasoning, problem solving, prioritizing and leadership skills.
- Preferred candidate must be organized, flexible, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done as a member of the management team.