QC Lab Analyst
Responsible for performance analysis on samples and finished product testing; accurately make up reagents and standards; maintain quality and quantity of reagents, trace ingredients, standards, and samples; collection and recording of data; analysis of the final product, microbial testing, quality assurance of finished products, raw materials, and in-process analysis. Position responsible for cGMP, HACCP, and ISO guidelines, and adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
8-hour day shift for training purposes; will transition to 12-hour rotating shift position with potential for overtime. Rotates first week as 3-12 hour days with second week as 4-12 hour days.
- High school diploma with relevant coursework in chemistry and organic chemistry; undergraduate coursework toward degree in chemistry, biology or related sciences strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of prior wet chemistry lab experience preferred
- Strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills, solid communication and comprehension skills
- Proven ability to work independently and to prioritize tasks
- Strong desire to achieve goals and collaborate with other departments to improve processes for optimum production.
- Must be organized, flexible, ability to take initiative as needed, positive outlook, with strong desire to learn, grow and promote into higher level positions.
- Routine wet chemistry testing on samples, raw materials, in-process, and finished products using ASTM standards and lab equipment such as HPLC, autoclave, TLC, glucose analyzer, pH meter, sonicator, spectrophotometer, glassware, centrifuges, FTIR, etc.
- Maintain testing results as per SOP's and quality certification regulations
- Maintain lab inventory, reagents, standards, sample retains, trace ingredients
- Maintain equipment as required by SOP's
Position begins at $21.40 per hour, with an increase to $23.06 per hour when moved into shift rotation. Opportunity to move into other positions with pay increases based on position. BioKyowa offers excellent benefits including medical, dental and prescription health insurance, 401k, vacation, holidays, disability, life insurance.
Minimal facial hair, minimal makeup, no jewelry, false fingernails, nail polish, hair extensions, wigs, toupees, cologne or perfume. Long hair must be tied up for safety reasons. Facility is a non-smoking, non-tobacco facility.