JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYDirectly responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns, and negotiating service contracts with managed care organizations, government agencies, and other payers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to all laws, statutes and regulations regarding anti-kickback, lawful marketing activities (gifts and services), patient solicitation, and accurate marketing materials.
- Ensures maximum third party reimbursement through effective negotiation of service contracts with managed care organizations, government agencies, and other payers.
Assists the Branch Administrator in establishing organization volume projections in the annual budget.
- Continuously conducts market assessments and develops a comprehensive marketing plan with the RVP of Business Development.
- Employs marketing and promotional initiatives to achieve budgetary volume projections.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral and payer sources.
- Builds and monitors community, customer, payer and patient perceptions of Legacy Hospice as a high quality provider of services.
- Provides insight in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of Legacy Hospice markets including government agencies, major payer groups, key referral sources, and competitor's market positioning.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge in the field of marketing and shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists customers in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Legacy Hospice.
Monitors and reports cost effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Ensures budget projections are met on a monthly basis.
- Provides end of life education to community sources.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field, Masters degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years' experience in health care marketing management preferably in hospice care operations.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Knowledge of corporate business management.
- Demonstrates good communications skills, negotiation skills, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Effective social interaction, communication and organizational skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks efficiently.
- Personal car for travel and valid driver's license.
- Carry personal auto liability insurance coverage.