Position: Events Intern
Fall 2022-Spring 2023
Job Description: Work alongside Executive Director to assist with fundraising events and marketing efforts, while advancing the mission and nonprofit network of United Way of Southeast Missouri. Individuals can expect to gain hands-on fundraising experience in the non-profit industry with events management, execution, communication, and design.
• Assist in planning, executing and promoting campaign fundraising and donor engagement events, including the annual Golf Tournament in October, Give From the Heart, Get on the Bus partner tours, and others TBD.
• Help create and schedule promotional strategy, design, and execution of digital and print tactics
• Obtain and schedule community fundraisers, prizes and donations
• Manage all details of events
• Other related contributions as requested
Qualifications and Performance Skills Desired:
• Incoming college Junior or Senior status
• 10-12 hours/week commitment on and off site depending on project
• Basic background in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications
• Proven project management and organizational experience
• Ability to work independently, self-starter
• Superb written and oral communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Shelton, Executive Director, by emailing email@example.com. Use EVENTS INTERN for subject. This is an unpaid position that delivers valuable real-world experience.