The Software Engineer is responsible for full-stack contributions to development and management of software from inception to deployment. Responsible for the identification of software improvements in existing process, suggest technological solutions, and development, training and implementation of approved solutions. This position will work closely with stakeholders to translate requirements into working software and communicate high level logic.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Data Science, Cybersecurity, or related field of study; or comparable professional and relevant experience acceptable
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design, version control concepts, at least one modern language such as Python, Java, C#, etc; (Python preferred)
- Working experience with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Working experience with modern web frameworks (Django, Flask, etc.)
- Working experience in computer system validation, strongly preferred
- Responsible for development of first-party APIs and utilizing third-party APIs
- Strong understanding of relational database modeling concepts and the software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to create and implement software development and improvement strategies with immediate (2 wk) and long term (1-2 yr) timelines
- Project management of creation, modification, or integration of all software related projects including anticipated changes and impact on company
- Collaborate with cross-department owners to develop, design, implement and train on software solutions
- Analyze, create, implement, test, and deploy software improvement solutions
- Create documentation, mockups, and code for presentation, training, and ease of reference for users
- Perform code reviews, eliminate bugs, and test solutions
- Active contribution to existing and future software solutions
- Administration and maintenance of existing and future software solutions
- Lead, manage and develop department personnel and interns
- Base work schedule is Monday thru Friday, onsite, 8 am - 4:30 pm with overtime as needed for business necessity. Flexible work schedule during project work programming is negotiable.
- BioKyowa offers a benefit package including medical, dental, and prescription drug insurance, FSA/HSA, life and disability insurance, 401k match and profit sharing (up to 7%), and vacation (15 days annually).
- Relocation assistance may be available.
- Salaried wage is based on qualifications and experience, with an estimated starting range of $74,200 - $86,400.
Minimal facial hair, minimal makeup, no jewelry, false fingernails, nail polish, hair extensions, wigs, toupees, cologne or perfume. Long hair must be tied up for safety reasons. Facility is a non-smoking, non-tobacco facility.