Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Starting at $11, DOE
Part-Time, Up to 32 Hours a Week
Do you love clothing retail? Tired of the long mall hours and holiday shifts? The #1 local retailer for men’s clothing is looking for a friendly, customer-focused retail associate to join their team! The ideal candidate for this position will have a go-getter attitude and enjoy assisting customers with clothing and accessory selections. Our menswear store is closed on Sundays and major holidays, which means more time to spend with your family! Join our team today!
Men's fashion for the classroom to the boardroom and everywhere in between.
Located in the Town Plaza, Garber's Men's Wear is Cape Girardeau's signature fine menswear and men's accessories store. We carry many of the following items: men's fashion, suits, shirts, accessories, ties, socks, eyewear, and watches. Our store is old-fashioned retail for the modern world. Come get your Garb on!
What you will be doing:
The Retail Salesperson will assist customers with purchasing merchandise by greeting, making style suggestions, taking measurements, keeping the showroom tidy, and other general cleaning duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and interact with customers.
- Consult with customers to understand their needs and preferences.
- Demonstrate and explain merchandise, selecting and suggesting options suitable for the customer’s needs.
- Answer customers questions about merchandise.
- Assist customers with purchase decisions.
- Retrieve merchandise from sales floor, stock room, or other inventory locations.
- Place special merchandise orders.
- Collect payment using the store point of sale system.
- Process returns and exchanges.
- Take measurements for alterations and special-order items.
- Assist with keeping the sales floor tidy by straightening, folding, and organizing.
- Stay current with promotions and seasonal sales.
- Light daily cleaning tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold.
- Ability to anticipate customer’s needs.
- Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn the store’s point-of-sale system.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- On-the-job training provided.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the retail space.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Part-Time, up to 32 hours a week
- Flexible Schedule
- Closed Sundays and major holidays
- Health, vision and dental insurance available
- Disability, life and retirement benefits available